The Charlotte Jane made numerous voyages to the Australian Colonies and New Zealand in the 19th Century
The 720/729 ton barque Charlotte Jane was built in 1848 at Bristol in England.
From Passengers in History we see the following voyages to the Australian Colonies and New Zealand but there would have been just as many going the opposite direction:
- From Plymouth England on Friday, September 6, 1850 - arriving at Lyttelton New Zealand on Sunday, December 15, 1850. Captain A. Lawrence & Alfred Barker, Esq., Surgeon-superintendent.
- From London England on Tuesday, October 7, 1851 - arriving at Port Adelaide South Australia on Tuesday, January 13, 1852. (via Plymouth) Captain Alexander Lawrence and Dr. McCrea Surgeon-superintendent.
- From Melbourne on Monday, March 8, 1852 - arriving at Port Adelaide South Australia on Sunday, March 21, 1852. Captain Alexander Lawrence
- From Melbourne on Saturday, May 8, 1852 - arriving at Port Adelaide South Australia on Tuesday, May 11, 1852. Captain Alexander Lawrence
- From Plymouth England on Tuesday, January 25, 1853 - arriving at Port Adelaide South Australia on Sunday, April 24, 1853. Captain Alexander Lawrence
- From The Downs England on Wednesday, January 11, 1854 - arriving at Port Adelaide South Australia on Saturday, May 20, 1854. Captain Russell.
- CHARLOTTE JANE from the Passengers in History website, an initiative of the South Australian Maritime Museum. first accessed on the 29th of December, 2019 at: http://passengersinhistory.sa.gov.au/node/922762 , http://passengersinhistory.sa.gov.au/node/922763 and http://passengersinhistory.sa.gov.au/node/922764
- The Charlotte Jane from the Canterbury Pilgrims & Early Settlers Association Inc. website. at: http://canterburypilgrims.nz/the-summer-ships/charlotte-jane/ Canterbury Pilgrims
- barque Charlotte Jane, 720 tons, Captain Alex. Laurence, from London / Plymouth 8th October 1851, arrived at Port Adelaide, South Australia 14th January 1852. transcribed and submitted to The Ships List by Robert Janmaat. first accessed on the 29th of December, 2019 at: http://www.theshipslist.com/ships/australia/charlottejane1852.shtml