The Voyage of the barque Cromwell to the Australian Colonies in 1849
The barque 'Cromwell' sailed from London on 30 March and Plymouth on 11 April 1849; arriving in Port Adelaide on 19 July 1849. State Library of South Australia, Bound for South Australia
The barque Cromwell then sailed to Port Philip on August 26, 1849 arriving there on September 1, 1849. "Passengers to Port Phillip from Southern England & Ireland 1849-51"
Passenger Lists etc.
- CROMWELL 1849 - SA REGISTER LIST OF PASSENGERS from Diane Cumming's Bound for South Australia website. at: https://bound-for-south-australia.collections.slsa.sa.gov.au/1849CromwellRegister.htm
- Passengers arriving 1849-07-19 in SA aboard the Cromwell (708/767 t brq 1847) from London 49-03-30 via Plymouth, Captain J M Bance. from the Family History SA's Shipping and Passenger Lists South Australia. first accessed online on the 9th of January, 2020 at: https://www.familyhistorysa.org/shipping/passengerlists.html
- Cromwell barque (Captain John McPherson Bance) from the "Passengers to Port Phillip from Southern England & Ireland 1849-51". first accessed online on the 9th of January, 2020 at: https://www.portphillipdistrict.info/SE_and_I_Passenger_Lists_1849-51_083.htm
- Shipping Intelligence. from The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1957) of Monday 3 September 1849, Page 2. first accessed online on the 9th of January, 2020 at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/4772464?
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)