Location: 732-736 5th Street South, St Petersburg, Florida
Surname/tag: Davenport, Atwood
Established in 1925 by George Fletcher Davenport and his wife May Josephine Atwood Davenport in partnership with Lewis Clark Atwood and Edith Hyde Atwood.
After George's death in 1926, his wife ran the hotel for years. After World War II, her son, Andrew, and his wife, Kay, took over.
May worked at the rooming house again starting in 1960. She helped with the daily and weekly cleaning (she was 70 in 1960). After working with them for several years, she retired to Andy's land near Dunnellon.
Andy and Kay sold the property in <don't know the date, but about 1990>.
The land is now part of the Mound Park hospital complex.