Location: Washington, Franklin, Missouri, USA
Surnames/tags: Missouri Washington_MO The_German_Protestant_Church
Description and History of St Peters UCC church located today at 20 E 5th Street in Washington, Franklin County, Missouri, USA.
1844: Church founded as "The German Protestant Church" for German Immigrants. First building constructed at the southwest corner of Third and Lafayette in Washington, MO.
1868: New church built at the current location of 20 E 5th St. The new church was named St. Petri Evangelische Kirche or St. Peters Evangelical Church. Shortly after, a cemetery was founded on east 5th Street.
1934: The church was renamed to St. Peter’s Evangelical and Reformed Church.
1957: The church was renamed to St. Peter’s United Church of Christ.
- ↑ https://www.stpeters-washington.org/
- ↑ https://www.emissourian.com/washmo175/st-peter-s-united-church-of-christ-founded-in/article_13a304bc-b111-517f-99d2-e07eadc47f61.html
- ↑ https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/31392