Origin: William Gillespie (1728-abt.1802) |
There were two daughters: Elizabeth Hannah (Gillespie) Kincaid and Nancy (Gillespie) Owens who had been included in this story because their father was named William Gillespie. I do not know who Elizabeth Hannah Gillespie Kincaid is, but I was told she was added late to this profile and then orphaned. I adopted her to get her out until we could find proof that she belonged there or perhaps redirect her to where she belongs. I don't know her or her circumstances and hope that somebody can take responsibility for her, but she does not appear to belong to the family Gillespie-6703 from Cowpasture.·
After deep diving into Old Parish records in Scotland, we find there is no proof that the Kit  concerns the Gillespies of Falkirk. For a more appropriate connection see Gillespie-1696 and Gillespie-2122
· http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Gillespie-1688 Y-DNA was tested by Ancestry.com DNA prior to the dropping of their DNA testing program. There were three other Gillespie relatives who had identical results with my Y-DNA tested by Ancestry.com DNA. (Clyde Roy, Jordy Ray, and James Bryce) Clyde Roy placed the ownership of his data on YSearch.org. y search. To view Clyde Roy Gillespie results.
· The following records were used to incorrectly prove William Gillespie, son of James Gillespie and Jennett Bennie/Bean was not part of this family. There are two reasons I believe the following is distracting. 1) Parish records we found around Falkirk and its area have given us proof of William's paternity. 2) More compelling are the DNA connections clearly represented on this profile.
· Research: "John Gillespie, lawful son of Wm Gillespie a tenant in the parish of Airth, & Jennet Heggie, lawful daughter to Andrew Heggie, tenant in Taylortown"
· The following is a family from the wrong William Gillespie from Falkirk:
Timothy Upton: Falkirk marriage 
This is the information on Familysearch for William Gillespie LBFV-Z8H born in Falkirk, Scotland on 18 Feb 1728 to James Gillespie and Janet Bennie it states that he died in Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland on 29 Sep 1813.
Marriage: Name: William Gillespie Event Type: Marriage Event Date: 29 Apr 1748 Event Place: Falkirk, Stirlingshire, Scotland Event Place (Original): Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland Sex: Male Spouse's Name: Agnes Wybar Spouse's Sex: Female
- According to the Old Parish Registers from National Records of Scotland there are only 7 children listed as children of William Gillespie. GILLESPIE,
- WILLIAM married AGNES WYBAR/FR2325 (FR2325) event date: 29/04/1748 parish #479/80 181
- parish: GILLESPIE, HELEN parents: WILLIAM GILLESPIE/AGNES WYBAR FR1101 (FR1101) Female event date: 02/04/1749
- Parish #479/40 67, parish: Falkirk GILLESPIE, JAMES parents: WILLIAM GILLESPIE/AGNES WYBAR FR1114 (FR1114) Male event date: 08/02/1751
- parish #479/40 93 parish: Falkirk GILLESPIE, MARY parents: WILLIAM GILLESPIE/AGNES WYBAR FR1127 (FR1127) Female event date: 11/03/1753
- parish #479/40 118 parish: Falkirk GILLESPIE, WILLIAM parents: WILLIAM GILLESPIE/AGNES WYBER FR1139 (FR1139) Male event date: 12/01/1755
- parish #479/40 142 parish: Falkirk GILLESPIE, PETER parents: WILLIAM GILLESPIE/AGNES WYBER FR1153 (FR1153) Male event date: 06/02/1757
- parish #479/40 170 parish: Falkirk GILLESPIE, AGNES parents: WILLIAM GILLESPIE/AGNES WIPER FR100 (FR100) Female event date: 07/02/1762
- parish #486/10 183 parish: Muiravonside GILLESPIE, MUNGO parents: WILLIAM GILLESPIE/AGNES WIPER FR104 (FR104) Male event date: 13/05/1764
- parish #486/10 192 parish: Muiravonside
· ‘’’Note from Ian Speed’’’: Responding to the input of the discussion sited above, Hopefully this profile is work accomplished with the help of Wikitree experts and family members. As there are so many sources which need to be sorted through and applied to this profile, I will open individual links to click on to better understand our conclusions.
· Two other descendants, Timothy Upton, brought in sources. and Justin Swanstrom, whose family had been working on their tree for years. I broke it out into 3 files. This one stayed with the family in Falkirk. A new one was attached to the families in the Shenandoah Valley under the guardianship of Timothy Upton. I took the girl from York Pennsylvania and her history which we continue to worked on, again hopefully at some point with the help of Wiki expertise.
· I have since merged William Gillespie’s two profiles after research from Old Parish Records from “Scotland’s People,” Gedmatch and Wikitools.Moyer-780 21:02, 21 February 2022 (UTC).