- Ephraim Carpenter's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Not a duplicate of Carpenter-8359. Carpenter-8359 died in infancy.
Findagrave.com has DOB 4/25/1681 and DOD 4/30/1743
He married, first, on Aug 14,1704 or 1705 at Rehoboth,MA, Hannah Read.
He married, second, as her second husband, on Mar 24,1718/9 at Rehoboth,MA, Martha (Ide) Carpenter, the widow of Zechariah Carpenter.
Children(by first marriage): Ephraim Carpenter, Hannah Carpenter, Hepsibah Carpenter, Ephraim Carpenter Jr, and Hannah Carpenter.
Children(by second marriage): Eliphalet Carpenter, Hannah Carpenter Preston, and Josiah Carpenter.
Family links: Parents: William Carpenter (1631 - 1703) Miriam Sale Carpenter (1645 - 1722)
Spouses: Hannah Read Carpenter (1682 - 1717) Martha Ide Carpenter Walker (1683 - 1756)*
Siblings: John Carpenter (1652 - 1695)** William Carpenter (1659 - 1718)** Priscilla Carpenter Sweet (1661 - 1739)** Benjamin Carpenter (1663 - 1738)** Josiah Carpenter (1664 - 1728)* Nathaniel Carpenter (1667 - 1727)* Daniel Carpenter (1669 - 1721)* Noah Carpenter (1672 - 1753)* Miriam Carpenter Bliss (1674 - 1706)* Obadiah Carpenter (1678 - 1749)* Ephraim Carpenter (1681 - 1743) Hannah Carpenter Chaffee (1684 - 1767)* Abigail Carpenter Perrin (1687 - 1781)*
- Calculated relationship
Burial: Newman Cemetery East Providence Providence County Rhode Island, USA
This profile is a collaborative work-in-progress. Can you contribute information or sources?
- ↑ First-hand information as remembered by Kathleen Chaffee, Friday, September 12, 2014. Replace this citation if there is another source.
- A genealogical history of the Rehoboth branch of the Carpenter family in America, brought down from their English ancestor, John Carpenter, 1303, with many biographical notes of descendants and allied families
by Carpenter, Amos B. (Amos Bugbee), b. 1818 Published 1898
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Ephraim by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree:
- Clark Carpenter : Family Tree DNA Y-DNA Test 37 markers, haplogroup R-M198, FTDNA kit #466152
- William Carpenter : Y-Chromosome Test 74 markers, haplogroup R1a1a1b1a, Ysearch HYZBT
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Kathleen Brownston and Lyman Carpenter. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 16 Sep 2014 at 20:32 GMT Kathleen (Chaffee) Brownston wrote:
Ephraim is 15 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 37 degrees from Anne Frank, 19 degrees from AJ Jacobs, 27 degrees from Neil deGrasse Tyson and 14 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.