Location: Cookstown, Derryloran, Count Tyrone, Ireland
Surnames/tags: crooks bell
- Link: James Crookes(sic) / Margaret Bell / 20 October 1857 / GR 3265247 / SR Cookstown.
- Marriage solemnized at Cookstown in the Parish of Derriloran(sic) in the Co. Tyrone.
- When Married: 20th Oct 1857.
- James Crooks, full age, Bachelor, Farmer, resident of Drumgrass, son of James Crooks, Farmer.
- Margaret Bell, full age, Spinster, resident of Tamlaghtmore, daughter of Henry Bell, Farmer.
- Witnesses: James Bell, Thos Bell.
Children born in Ireland
See 3rd Cookstown Presbyterian Church: Notes on the Congregation -- Drumgrass second visit right down the bottom of the page.
Address: 20 Low Garbult St, Shildon, Durham.
- James Crooks, head, 56, wagonwright.
- Margaret Crooks, wife, 54.
- Henry Crooks, son, 22, Engine Fitter.
- William Crooks, son, 20, Colliery Blacksmith.
- Elizabeth Crooks, dau, 18, Dressmaker.
- Robert Crooks, son, 15, Scholar.
- Alexander Crooks, son, 13, do.
- Margaret Crooks, dau, 10, do.
- Ellen Crooks, dau 6, do.
The children were all recorded as born in Ireland.
1891 Census: "1891 England Census"
The National Archives of the UK (TNA); Kew, Surrey, England; Census Returns of England and Wales, 1891; Class: RG12; Piece: 4051; Folio: 25; Page: 3; GSU roll: 6099161
Ancestry Sharing Link - Ancestry uk Record 6598 #1948487 (accessed 3 May 2023)
Margb Stobbs (20) daughter in household of Kidd Stobbs (61) in Stockton on Tees, Stockton on Tees in Stockton registration district in Durham, England. Born in Shildon, Durham, England.
Mis-transcribed Crooks as "Stobbs" and misattributed parents on the Ancestry transcription. The children are all recorded as born in Shildon.
James age 75 boards with married daughter Ellen Jane Bramley.
Tentatively, children Alexander and Margaret both name a daughter Ivy.