Surnames/tags: Kilmaganny Kilkenny Leinster
|Ireland||Main Kilkenny Page||Category for Kilmaganny Parish||Civil Parishes in County Kilkenny|
Part of the Ireland Project
- This information page for the Civil Parish contains a list of all the townlands in the parish and links to the category for the townland (if it has been created). There also may be notes about the individual townlands.
- This page is maintained by the County Kilkenny team
Kilmaganny Civil Parish
- Irish or Alternate Name: Cill Mogeanna.
- Logainm Link: Kilmaganny Parish on Logainm.ie
- Barony: Kells
- Province: Leinster
Population Centres of Kilmaganny Civil Parish
- Note: Population centres for this Parish, where known, are shown here. For a full list see Towns of County Kilkenny
- Irish or Alternate Name: Cill Mogeanna.
- WikiTree Category: Category for Kilmaganny
- Map: Google Maps OpenStreetMap
The Townlands of Kilmaganny Civil Parish
- The townlands in Kilmaganny Parish (Cill Mogeanna) are those taken from Kilmaganny Parish on Logainm.ie and validated against townlands on Townlands.ie, PlacenamesNI.org where appropriate, Griffiths valuations data and the 1901 and 1911 censuses. A link is provided in the notes for the 1901 and 1911 census. Please note that these may not always work if the townland was not available on the census in question. The census site may also substitute a similar name so be prepared for unexpected results!
- If the townland has a category it will be linked in the table below. If there is no link and you need the category please contact David to get the category created or put in a request for the category to be created. Alternatively, if you feel condifent to do so, see Townland Category Information Boxes below for how to create them yourself.
Townland Irish/Alternate name WikiTree Category Link Notes Ballygowan (Ponsonby) Baile an Ghabhann (Ponsonby) 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballygowan (Reade) Baile an Ghabhann (Reade) 1901 Census, 1911 Census Barravally Barr an Bhaile 1901 Census, 1911 Census Baunreagh An Bán Riabhach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Blackbog An Mhóin Dubh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Carrigatna Carraig an Tná 1901 Census, 1911 Census Clincaun Cill Fhionncháin 1901 Census, 1911 Census Clone Cluain Mhic Sheáin Bhuí 1901 Census, 1911 Census Cottrellstown Baile an Choitréalaigh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Croneenlaun Cróinín Lán 1901 Census, 1911 Census Currahill Lower Coirrchill Íochtarach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Currahill Upper Coirrchill Uachtarach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Garranrobin Garrán Roibín 1901 Census, 1911 Census Glen An Gleann 1901 Census, 1911 Census Kildrummy Cill Droma 1901 Census, 1911 Census Kilmaganny Cill Mogeanna 1901 Census, 1911 Census Knockroe An Cnoc Rua 1901 Census, 1911 Census Kyle An Choill 1901 Census, 1911 Census Lemonstown Baile an Leamóntaigh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Memory An Cuimhneachán 1901 Census, 1911 Census Monaboul Móin na bPoll 1901 Census, 1911 Census Newchurch An Teampall Nua 1901 Census, 1911 Census Newpark An Pháirc Nua 1901 Census, 1911 Census Poulboy An Poll Buí 1901 Census, 1911 Census Raheenarran Ráth an Fhearainn 1901 Census, 1911 Census Readesbarn Eamhain Bheag 1901 Census, 1911 Census Rogerstown Baile Roistéir 1901 Census, 1911 Census Rossenarra Ros an Arbha 1901 Census, 1911 Census Rossenarra Demesne Caisleán Héil 1901 Census, 1911 Census Shancashlaun An Seanchaisleán 1901 Census, 1911 Census Srughawadda Sruth an Mhaide 1901 Census, 1911 Census
- A list of external resources may be placed here
- Whilst care is taken to ensure links are not made to disreputable, phishing or other sites of doubtful integrity it is your responsibility to ensure that you are not going to such a site by clicking on one of the links below which may have been added after this page was created.
Townland Category Information Boxes
- For the full 'How to' on creating Irish location categories please read 'Creating Location Categories for Ireland'
- The pre-formatted line for each townland and the fully formatted CIB header can be seen below this page when in edit mode. Please ensure you have read the 'How to' before doing anything. Briefly, the pre-formatted line in the hidden text is used to replace the line above. The CIB text is pasted into the category which is created by clicking on the red category link.
- Parish format version 3.1. Incorporated CIB texts.
- Information shown on this page may have been sourced from one or more of the following sources.
- Logainm.ie The Placenames Database of Ireland created by Fiontar & Scoil na Gaeilge in collaboration with The Placenames Branch (Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht).
- Placenamesni.org a UK Government website managed by the Information Unit of Land & Property Services (LPS) Agency, Department of Finance and Personnel (DFP)
- Griffiths Valuation AskAboutIreland.ie and the Cultural Heritage Project is an initiative of public libraries together with local museums and archives.
- Townlands.ie Irish Townlands derived from OpenStreetMap data under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL).
- Census of Ireland 1901/1911 and Census fragments and substitutes, 1821-51
- List of towns and villages in the Republic of Ireland and List of towns and villages in Northern Ireland
- General alphabetical index to townlands and towns, parishes and baronies of Ireland Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive