Location: Ramsgate, Kent, England, United Kingdom
Ramsgate, one of the great English seaside towns of the 19th century, is in the district of Thanet in east Kent, England. The coastline is its main attraction and tourism and fishing are its main industries. The Port of Ramsgate provided cross-channel ferries for many years and has one of the largest marinas on the English south coast. In 2001 it had a population of about 40,000.
King George IV gave the status of Royal Harbour to Ramsgate, the only one, because he was so impressed with the hospitality he received.
In 1901, an electric tram service, one of the few inter-urban tramways in Britain, was introduced on the Isle of Thanet. The towns of Ramsgate, Margate and Broadstairs were linked by 11 miles of track.
In 1923, Ramsgate elected its first woman Mayor, Janet Stancomb-Wills
Things To Do
- Ramsgate Maritime Museum 
- Ramsgate Tunnels 
- Boulevard Amusments 
- Spitfire and Hurricane Memorial Museum 
- Moon Lane Children's Books & Toys a multi award-winning children’s bookshop dedicated to raising equality in children’s books. 
- Walking tours that have themes
- The Contra Trail: Boats, Birds & Bays (Ramsgate to Pegwell Bay) 
- Sea It All: Coast, Cliffs & Café Culture (Ramsgate to Broadstairs) 
- Town Rounders: Regency, Royal & Riviera (Ramsgate Town Walk) 
- The Beach Roamer: Botany, Bays & Beaches (Ramsgate to Margate) 
- The Way of St Augustine – Ramsgate to Canterbury 
- Augustine Camino – Rochester Cathedral to Ramsgate 
- England Coast Path – Ramsgate to Camber 
- Ramsgate Montefiore Heritage Town Trail & Guide 
- Vincent Van Gogh Trail 
- The architect A W Pugin and his sons lived in Ramsgate and built several important buildings there, including St Augustine's Church , The Grange , St Augustine's Abbey , and The Granville Hotel .
- Vincent Van Gogh moved to Ramsgate in April 1876.
- William Henry Williams worked most of his life as a fisherman, but by 1901, he was living with his daughter, Mary Ann Caspall in Ramsgate and working as a wood cutter. He passed away in 1905 at the stated age of 82.
- john Caspall a shipwright
- John Henry Caspall, a fisherman
- Henry Laming, a seaman
- The families who went to St Laurence Church 
- ↑ https://www.visitthanet.co.uk/attractions/ramsgate-maritime-museum/
- ↑ https://www.visitkent.co.uk/attractions/ramsgate-tunnels-2414/
- ↑ https://www.visitramsgate.co.uk/boulevard-amusements/
- ↑ https://www.spitfiremuseum.org.uk/booking/
- ↑ https://www.moonlaneramsgate.com
- ↑ https://www.visitramsgate.co.uk/wordpress2/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Pegwell-Bay-online-Walk2.pdf
- ↑ https://www.visitramsgate.co.uk/wordpress2/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Broadstairs-to-Ramsgate-Walk-REV2.pdf
- ↑ https://www.visitramsgate.co.uk/wordpress2/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Ramsgate-Town-Walk.pdf
- ↑ https://www.visitramsgate.co.uk/wordpress2/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Beach-Roamer.pdf
- ↑ https://www.augustine-pugin.org.uk/the-way-of-st-augustine/
- ↑ https://augustinecamino.co.uk/
- ↑ https://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/en_GB/trails/england-coast-path-south-east/
- ↑ https://www.visitramsgate.co.uk/wordpress2/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Ramsgate-Montefiore-Heritage-Walk-Compressed.pdf
- ↑ https://www.visitramsgate.co.uk/the-vincent-van-gogh-trail-in-ramsgate/
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Augustine%27s_Church,_Ramsgate
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grange,_Ramsgate
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Augustine%27s_Abbey,_Ramsgate
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Granville_Hotel,_Ramsgate
- ↑ https://www.wikitree.com/photo/jpg/Laming-246