- Robert Bolling Jr's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
|This person settled in the US Southern Colonies Prior to incorporation into the USA.|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the US Southern Colonies Project!
see also: Findagrave
Robert Bolling,the 2nd, was the oldest son of Robert Bolling and Anne Stith. He was born January 25, 1682 and died in 1749. He was a surveyor in Charles City county in 1714 and a Justice of the Peace, and Burgess in 1723, 1726 and 1730. He married January 27, 1706, Anne, daughter of Richard and Anne (Bowler) Cocke.
Their children were:
- Elizabeth,1709, m. James Mumford
- Anne, married John Hall
- Lucy Cocke Bolling,m. Peter Randolph of Chatsworth
- (Jane?)Martha Cocke Bolling, m. Richard Eppes, Burgess from Chesterfield.
- Susannah,b. 1728, m. Alexander Bolling, b. Prince George County
- Robert of Bollingbrook
- Mary, m. Wm. Starke.
Place: Blandford Cemetery, Petersburg, Petersburg City, Virginia Can you add any information on Robert . Bolling? Please help grow his WikiTree profile. Everything you see here is a collaborative work-in-progress.
- . Descendants of Anne Cocke and Robert Bolling in Genealogy of the Cocke Family in Virginia prepared by James C. Southall published in Genealogies of Virginia Families from The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, five volumes
- ↑ History of Bristol Parish in Genealogy of the Cocke Family in Virginia prepared by James C. Southall published in Genealogies of Virginia Families from The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography
- ↑ Findagrave
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Robert by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known yDNA or mtDNA test-takers in his direct paternal or maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Robert:
- Karen Adamson : 23andMe, GEDMatch 9990634 + AncestryDNA + Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch F209716
- Michael Hall : 23andMe
- Rob Leverett : AncestryDNA, GEDMatch A571871, Ancestry member Leverettrob21
- Orville Cooper : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, FTDNA kit #15197
- Raymond Baker : Family Tree DNA Family Finder, GEDMatch 7511086, FTDNA kit #342134
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Richard Draper, Wesley Doughman, Rick Tuter, and Lilia Merryman. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.
Robert is 18 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 43 degrees from Anne Frank, 16 degrees from AJ Jacobs and 13 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.