Albert Allen Spencer was born on March 6, 1848 at Lapeer, Michigan. Albert is the son of Albert Spencer and Harriet Wilcox. On the 1870 Census, Albert is listed as a "Stone Quarrier".
Albert marries to Bridget A. Garrety on September 12, 1869 at Anamosa, Jones County, Iowa. Bridget was born in about June of 1843 in Vermont.
Bridget dies on July 1, 1908 at Rochester, Olmstead County, Minnesota. Albert dies on December 13, 1913 at Concord Township, Dodge County, Minnesota, United States.
Children of Albert A. Spencer and Bridget Garrety are:
1. Mary Ellen Spencer was born in about 1871 in Iowa.
2. Annie Spencer was born in about 1873 in Iowa. She marries to Frederick Whitfield on November 28, 1900 at Anamosa, Jones, Iowa. Frederick is the son of Edwin Whitfield and Sarah Ann Varety.
3. James Allen Spencer was born in about 1874 in Iowa.
4. Patrick Ellis Spencer was born about 1876 in Stone City, Iowa. He marries to Bridget A. Gillen on November 24, 1896 at Anamosa, Jones, Iowa. Bridget was born in about 1874 in Iowa, the daughter of James Gillen and Mary McDonald.
5. Thomas Spencer born about 1878 in Iowa.
6. William E. Spencer born on September 16, 1884 in Iowa. William marries to Mary Agnes Teefy or Teffy Barnett on June 23, 1925 at Cedar Rapids, Linn, Iowa. She is the daughter of Dennis Teefy and Mary Sophia Bushman. He dies on September 21, 1939 at Cedar Rapids, Linn, Iowa.
Name Allen Spencer
Event Type Marriage
Event Date 12 Sep 1869
Event Place Anamosa, Jones, Iowa, United States
Spouse's Name Bridget Garrety
Spouse's Gender Female
Burial: Saint Margaret Cemetery
Mantorville, Dodge County, Minnesota, USA
"Minnesota Deaths and Burials"
Name Albert Allen Spencer
Death Date 13 Dec 1913
Death Place Concord Twp., Dodge, Minnesota
Birth Date 1848
Father's Name Spencer
Mother's Name Unknown
Marriage - "Iowa, County Marriages, 1838-1934," database, FamilySearch: 8 March 2016, Allen Spencer and Bridget Garrety, 12 Sep 1869, Anamosa, Jones, Iowa, United States; citing reference bk B p 503, county courthouses, Iowa; FHL microfilm 1,255,500.
Death - Find A Grave Memorial# 147860579. Memorial Record Created by: Cashline. Record added: Jun 14, 2015. Headstone Photograph by Cashline, FindAGrave Contributor #48515391. Image Published on 6/14/2015.
Census - "1900 United States Census," database with images, FamilySearch : 20 January 2015, Albert A Spencer, Wasioja Township, Dodge, Minnesota, United States; citing sheet 1B, family 20, NARA microfilm publication T623 (Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.); FHL microfilm 1,240,762.
Census - "1895 Iowa State Census," database with images, FamilySearch: 30 June 2016, Albert A Spencer, Jones, Iowa, United States; citing p. 148, 1895, State Historical Society, Des Moines; FHL microfilm 1,022,067.
Census - "Iowa State Census, 1885," database with images, FamilySearch : 3 April 2016, Allen A Spencer, Springville, Brown, Linn, Iowa; citing p. , 1885, State Historical Society, Des Moines; FHL microfilm 1,021,490.
Census - "1870 United States Census," FindMyPast. Category: Census, Land & Substitutes. Residence: Iowa, United States. City/township: Fairview Township, Anamosa. County: Jones. State: Iowa. First name(s): Albert. Last name: Spencer. Gender: Male. Age: 23.
Census - "1860 United States Census," index, FamilySearch : accessed 21 April 2015), Albert W Spencer, The Township Of Attica, Lapeer, Michigan, United States; from "1860 U.S. Federal Census - Population," database, Fold3.com  : n.d.); citing p. 63, household ID 464, NARA microfilm publication M653 (Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.); FHL microfilm 803,549.
Is Albert your ancestor? Please don't go away! Login to collaborate or comment, or contact
the profile manager, or ask our community of genealogists a question.
Sponsored Search by Ancestry.com
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Albert by comparing test results with other carriers of his Y-chromosome or his mother's mitochondrial DNA.
Y-chromosome DNA test-takers in his direct paternal line on WikiTree: