Categories: Hatfield and McCoy Family Feud.
|Nancy (McCoy) Phillips was a member of the Hatfield and McCoy Family Feud 1863-1891|
|If you are interested in this profile,
please check out the Hatfield and McCoy Project!
Nancy L. McCoy was born in August of 1865 in Barren County, Kentucky, United States, the daughter of Asa Harmon McCoy and Martha Patty Cline. She was the sister of Mary M McCoy, Jacob McCoy, Larkin 'Lark' H McCoy, Lewis Jefferson "Jeff" McCoy and Asa Harmon Or Bud McCoy. Nancy was the first cousin of Rosannah McCoy.
Nancy married Johnson 'Johnse" Hatfield before 1889 in Pike County, Kentucky, United States. Nancy's cousin Rosannah had given birth to Johnse's baby. Johnse had refused to marry her. The baby died and Rosannah was separated from her own family as well as his. Just a few months after Johnse broke up with Rosannah, he further inflamed the situation by marrying her cousin, Nancy.
Nancy an Johnse had the following children:
- Mary W. Hatfield, (?)
- William A. Hatfield,
- Stella Hatfield,
Nancy fell in love with Frank Phillips before each of them was divorced from their current spouses. They lived together for two years before they were married. nancy married Franklin Phillips on September 5, 1895 in Pike County, Kentucky. Nancy and Frank had the following children:
- Elsie Phillips,
- Jesse J. Philips,
- Flora Phillips,
- Golda Phillips
Nancy died in 1901 in Pike County, Kentucky, United States
- Find A Grave -Memorial for Nancy Phillips
- THE HATFIELDS AND THE McCOYS by Otis K. Rice, 1982, Univ.
- Family Search - Nancy L Mc Coy Citing this Record "United States Census, 1880," index and images, FamilySearch Nancy L Mc Coy in household of Martha F Mc Coy, Peters Creek, Pike, Kentucky, United States; citing enumeration district 101, sheet 666C, NARA microfilm publication T9 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.), roll 0439; FHL microfilm 1,254,439.
- Family Search Nancy L. Mccoy Citing this Record "Kentucky Marriages, 1785-1979," index, FamilySearch Jonson Hatfield and Nancy L. Mccoy, 14 May 1881; citing Pike County, Kentucky, reference 0400; FHL microfilm 1,943,485.
- WikiTree profile McCoy-610 created through the import of Coley Wolford Stayton McCarroll Bond.ged on Aug 7, 2011 by Tom Coley. Prior to import, this record was last changed 12:42 27 Jul 2011.
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name in your tree searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
It may be possible to confirm family relationships with Nancy by comparing test results with other carriers of her mitochondrial DNA. However, there are no known mtDNA test-takers in her direct maternal line. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Nancy:
- Franz Georg Ludwig - AncestryDNA
GEDMatch ID A190032
Ancestry.com member rickl25
- John Roberts - Family Tree DNA Family Finder
GEDMatch ID F100137
Family Tree DNA kit 100137
- M Roberts - Family Tree DNA Family Finder
GEDMatch ID F266987
Family Tree DNA kit 266987
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to edit this profile.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Betty Keene and Tom Coley. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On February 6, 2015 at 07:22GMT Terry Wright wrote:
On November 22, 2014 at 23:46GMT Charlotte Shockey wrote:
Nancy is 20 degrees from Kevin Bacon, 24 degrees from Frank Russell Capra, 19 degrees from Mark Hamill, 22 degrees from AJ Jacobs and 20 degrees from Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth Realms on our single family tree. Login to find your connection.