Location: Switzerland, Germany, USA
Here is a page for collecting information related to the last name Musselman and Musselman family history.
Muspelman, Mupelman, Mupselman or Musseleman.
Origins of the Musselman Name
Along the west coast of Holland "Musselman" was where "the man" collected and sold mussels "mossels" from the sea.
In Swiss-German origins, it can be a woodman. Also "one who has fought the Moslems".
Musselmans in America
Many Musselmans were Mennonite religious members / Pennsylvania Dutch and living in Penn. and Maryland.
Famous and Creative Musselmans
- Christian High Musselman and his wife Emma built a successful canned fruit company in Pennsylvania, first starting around 1913. Musselman Apple Sauce became the gold standard for future apple sauce and apple butter production done by other companies.
- A. J. Musselman or The Musselman Products Company invented the coaster brake and the pneumatic aircraft tire. The He was the inventor of the "Doenut" tire (a type of share tire) and a builder of racing bicycle tires.
- M. Emma Musselman produced some of the top drawings as a fashion illustrator during the early years of the 20th century.
More Musselmans on WikiTree
In chronological order by birthdate:
- Henry Musselman (1782-1834)
- Sarah (Wagoner) Musselman (1790-1858)
- George Musselman (1825-1878)
- Savilla (Sherman) Musselman (1840-1927)
- Henry Musselman (1858-1928)
- George Musselman (1860-1889)
- Mary (Tracy) Musselman (1864-1944)
- Mary Jane (Musselman) Bixler (1864-1893)
- Jacob Musselman (1869-1931)
- Mary (Albaugh) Musselman (1875-1921)
- Mae (Musselman) Walters (1898-1955)
- Henry Musselman (1899-1954)
Here is the complete Musselman index. If you are a Musselman and do not appear here please add yourself and/or your ancestors. Your additions will appear when the index automatically updates tomorrow morning.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
There are no public comments yet.