See the badge report for the full list of current Greeters.
|Greeter Mags and former Greeter Leader Julie at RootsTech 2016|
How to Join The Greeters project
- Review our Task List and project pages to familiarize yourself with what we do.
- When you join the project, we will ...
- Greeters play a key role as the first contact for guests and new members. Our goals are to:
- Make sure guests have a positive experience by welcoming them in a timely manner and providing information to familiarize them with the nature of WikiTree.
- Confirm new members and help them find the tools they need to be successful and, when necessary, connect them with a mentor to make sure they have a successful start.
- Protect Wikitree from spammers and vandals by engaging with guests and new members to make sure they are genuinely interested in genealogy.
- Nurture our culture of being the most polite and friendly website on the Internet.
- Monitor the Volunteer Badge and Guest Activity feeds during scheduled shifts.
- Confirm sincere Volunteers as full members with personalized messages, including links to the New Member How-To pages.
- Post welcome messages to Guests.
- Assist Guests who need help volunteering.
- Answer questions from Guests and Volunteers or direct them to someone who can help.
- Watch for Spammers and Vandals. Notify a Leader immediately when a block may be needed.
- Keep the Greeters Schedule current for your availability. Add '''Away''' next to your name for planned absences.
- Communicate with other Greeters regarding schedules and other topics through our Greeters Google email group. The e-mail address is wikigreeters-at-googlegroups.com, and the group can be found at Wiki Greeters Google Group.
- Familiarize yourself with the Help:Welcoming New Members page and keep it handy for your referral.
- New Member Tutorials
- Help:Welcoming New Members - Familiarize yourself with this page and keep it handy for your referral.
- Help Index and Help Category - Many of WikiTree's most helpful links
- G2G FAQ - this is a list of commonly-asked questions on the G2G forum by new members and Guests, also a helpful reference page for Greeters
- Mentor Referrals
- Greeters' Quick Reference
- Language Volunteers
Time Zone Helpers
- Time Zone Map
- Time Widget (clicking will take you off WikiTree; right-click to open in new tab or window)
- Another TIME WIDGET link
- World Clock Meeting Planner
Greeters Project Pages
- Greeters Project Members Page (members only)
- Check-in/Check-out Page
- Greeters Message Samples
- Quick Reference Page
- Pre-1700 Greeters Sample Page
- Use this email group for any and all communications with the Greeter Project members and leaders. The e-mail address is: wikigreeters -at- googlegroups.com, and the group can be found at Wiki Greeters Google Group.
Please contact Vicky with any requests or concerns about the schedule. Thanks!
Sun 11pm CST
|1400||2pm||1pm||12pm||11am||1800||7pm||4am||6am||Karen Butler||Shirley||Mary Richardson||Open||Shirley||Open||Open|
|1500||3pm||2pm||1pm||12pm||1900||8pm||5am||7am||Karen Butler||Mary Richardson||Open||Open||Cindy||Open||Open|
|1600||4pm||3pm||2pm||1pm||2000||9pm||6am||8am||Open||Mary Richardson||Open||Karen Butler||Cindy||Open||Karen Butler|
|1700||5pm||4pm||3pm||2pm||2100||10pm||7am||9am||Open||Open||Open||Karen Butler||Open||Open||Karen Butler|
|2200||10pm||9pm||8pm||7pm||0200||3am||12pm||2pm||Carole||Carole||David S.||David S.||David S.||David S.||David S.|
This page was last modified 14:26, 23 September 2018. This page has been accessed 90,618 times.