See the badge report for the full list of current Greeters.
|Greeter Mags and former Greeter Leader Julie at RootsTech 2016|
How to Join The Greeters project
- Review our Task List and project pages to familiarize yourself with what we do.
- When you join the project, we will ...
- Greeters play a key role as the first contact for guests and new members. Our goals are to:
- Make sure guests have a positive experience by welcoming them in a timely manner and providing information to familiarize them with the nature of WikiTree.
- Confirm new members and help them find the tools they need to be successful and, when necessary, connect them with a mentor to make sure they have a successful start.
- Protect Wikitree from spammers and vandals by engaging with guests and new members to make sure they are genuinely interested in genealogy.
- Nurture our culture of being the most polite and friendly website on the Internet.
- Monitor the Volunteer Badge and Guest Activity feeds during scheduled shifts.
- Confirm sincere Volunteers as full members with personalized messages, including links to the New Member How-To pages.
- Post welcome messages to Guests.
- Assist Guests who need help volunteering.
- Answer questions from Guests and Volunteers or direct them to someone who can help.
- Watch for Spammers and Vandals. Notify a Leader immediately when a block may be needed.
- Keep the Greeters Schedule current for your availability. Add '''Away''' next to your name for planned absences.
- Communicate with other Greeters regarding schedules and other topics through our Greeters Google email group. The e-mail address is wikigreeters-at-googlegroups.com, and the group can be found at Wiki Greeters Google Group.
- Familiarize yourself with the Help:Welcoming New Members page and keep it handy for your referral.
- New Member Tutorials
- Help:Welcoming New Members - Familiarize yourself with this page and keep it handy for your referral.
- Help Index and Help Category - Many of WikiTree's most helpful links
- G2G - Use the Search function at the upper left, if needed.
- Mentor Referrals
- Greeters' Quick Reference
- Language Volunteers
Time Zone Helpers
- Time Zone Map
- Time Widget (clicking will take you off WikiTree; right-click to open in new tab or window)
- Another TIME WIDGET link
- World Clock Meeting Planner
Greeters Project Pages
- Greeters Project Members Page (members only)
- Check-in/Check-out Page
- Greeters Message Samples
- Quick Reference Page
- Pre-1700 Greeters Sample Page
- Use this email group for any and all communications with the Greeter Project members and leaders. The e-mail address is: wikigreeters -at- googlegroups.com, and the group can be found at Wiki Greeters Google Group.
Please contact Vicky with any requests or concerns about the schedule. Thanks!
Sun 11pm CDT
|0400||4am||3am||2am||1am||0900||9 am||8 pm||Open||Open||Open||Open||Open||Ludwig||Open|
|1200||12pm||11am||10am||9am||1700||5pm||4am||Karen Tobo||Open||Cindy||Cindy||Open|| Cindy||Open|
Away 19 Feb
Away 19 Feb
|2200||10pm||9pm||8pm||7pm||0300||3am||2pm||Carole||Carole||David S.||David S.||David S.||David S.||David S.|
Wed 3pm AEDT away
This page was last modified 16:07, 19 February 2018. This page has been accessed 84,203 times.