See the badge report for the full list of current Greeters.
|Your friendly Greeter leadership team |
Azure Robinson (Emeritus), Mindy Silva, Wendy Taylor,
Debi Hoag , Cheryl Hess, & Peggy Watkins
How to Join The Greeters project
- Review our Task List and project pages to familiarize yourself with what we do.
- When you join the project, we will ...
Greeters play a key role as the first contact for guests and new members. Our goals are to:
- Make sure guests have a positive experience by welcoming them in a timely manner and providing information to familiarize them with the nature of WikiTree.
- Help them find the tools they need to be successful and, when necessary, connect them with a mentor to make sure they have a successful start.
- Protect Wikitree from spammers and vandals by engaging with guests and new members to make sure they are genuinely interested in genealogy.
- Nurture our culture of being the most polite and friendly website on the Internet.
- Monitor the Family Member feeds, and Guest Activity feeds, and Honor Code feeds during scheduled shifts.
- Greet new members with personalized messages, including links to the New Member How-To pages.
- Post welcome messages to Guests.
- Assist Guests who need help upgrading.
- Answer questions from Guests and Members or direct them to someone who can help.
- Watch for Spammers and Vandals. Notify a Leader immediately when a block may be needed.
- Keep the Greeters Schedule current for your availability. Add '''Away''' next to your name for planned absences.
- Communicate with other Greeters regarding schedules and other topics through our Greeters Google email group. The e-mail address is wikigreeters-at-googlegroups.com, and the group can be found at Wiki Greeters Google Group.
- Familiarize yourself with the Space and Help pages frequently used by the Greeters and keep them handy for your reference.
- New Member Tutorials
- Help Index and Help Category - Many of WikiTree's most helpful links
- Mentor Referrals
- Language Volunteers
Time Zone Helpers
All Greeters receive one-on-one training, covering:
- Signing In and Out
- Welcoming Guests
- Sending Messages to Members
Additionally, training is given to those Greeters who volunteer for other activities, such as:
- Daily review of the Honor Code feed
- Daily review of the GEDCOM feed
- Daily review of the DNA badge feed
- Daily review of the Pre-1700 badge feed
- Daily review of the Merge Feed
- Two Week follow-ups with new members.
Use this email group for any and all communications with the Greeter Project members and leaders. The e-mail address is: wikigreeters -at- googlegroups.com, and the group can be found at Wiki Greeters Google Group.
The Greeters Project now uses a GoogleCalendar for scheduling. Here is the link below.
WikiTree has Greeters from many countries:
This page was last modified 11:05, 29 October 2020. This page has been accessed 106,641 times.