See the badge report for the full list of current Greeters.
|Greeter Mags and Greeter Leader Julie at RootsTech 2016|
How to Join The Greeters project
- Be a member for at least 30 days.
- Visit our conversation on G2G and leave a message to let us know you're interested.
- Add "Greeters" to your list of followed tags so that you'll receive notifications from G2G posts.
- Review our Task List and project pages to familiarize yourself with what we do.
- When you join the project, we will ...
- Greeters play a key role as the first contact for guests and new members. Our goals are to:
- Make sure guests have a positive experience by welcoming them in a timely manner and providing information to familiarize them with the nature of Wikitree.
- Protect Wikitree from spammers and vandals by engaging with guests and new members to make sure they are genuinely interested in genealogy.
- Confirm new members and help them find the tools they need to be successful and, when necessary, connect them with a mentor to make sure they have a successful start.
- Nurture our culture of being the most polite and friendly website on the Internet.
- The primary responsibility of a Greeter is to monitor the Guest Activity Feed during their scheduled time.
- The Volunteer badge report also needs to be monitored in case new volunteers don't show up in the Guest Feed for confirmation.
- Familiarize yourself with our Welcoming New Members page and keep it handy for your referral.
- Post welcome messages to new Guest accounts with information about WikiTree with some helpful tips.
- Confirm sincere Volunteers as full members or instruct Guests what it means to volunteer, if unsure.
- Watch for Spammers and Vandals and notify a leader for an immediate block.
- Answer any questions asked by Guests or Volunteers or direct them to someone who can help.
- Keep the Greeters Schedule current for your availability. Add Away next to your name if you are going to be gone for an extended period of time.
- Communicate with other Greeters regarding schedules or other topics through our Greeters Google email group. The e-mail address is wikigreeters -at- googlegroups.com, and the group can be found at Wiki Greeters Google Group.
- Welcoming New Members
- The WikiTree Help Index or Help Category list helpful How To's.
- Search the G2G Forum and find answers to your questions.
- Mentor Referrals
- Quick Reference
- Language Volunteers
Time Zone Helpers
- Time Zone Map
- Time Widget (clicking will take you off WikiTree; right-click to open in new tab or window)
- Another TIME WIDGET link
- World Clock Meeting Planner
Greeters Project Pages
- Use this email group for any and all communications with the Greeter Project members and leaders. The e-mail address is: wikigreeters -at- googlegroups.com, and the group can be found at Wiki Greeters Google Group.
Greeters whose names are in Blue are greeting a day before or after in their own time zone. (For example: If a greeter lives in AEST and they are greeting at 10 am on Wednesday in their own time zone, their name will be listed at 2000 feed time on Tuesday.)
Sun 11pm CDT
Wed 11pm CDT Away
|0100||1am||12am||11pm||10pm||0500||6am||3pm||Marlene||Open||Open||Veronica Away|| Richard|
Wed 10pm PDT
This page was last modified 10:20, 19 July 2017. This page has been accessed 76,873 times.