See the badge report for the full list of current Greeters.
|Greeter Mags and Greeter Leader Julie at RootsTech 2016|
How to Join The Greeters project
- Be a member for at least 30 days.
- Visit our conversation on G2G and leave a message to let us know you're interested.
- Add "Greeters" to your list of followed tags so that you'll receive notifications from G2G posts.
- Review our Task List and project pages to familiarize yourself with what we do.
- When you join the project, we will ...
- Greeters play a key role as the first contact for guests and new members. Our goals are to:
- Make sure guests have a positive experience by welcoming them in a timely manner and providing information to familiarize them with the nature of WikiTree.
- Confirm new members and help them find the tools they need to be successful and, when necessary, connect them with a mentor to make sure they have a successful start.
- Protect Wikitree from spammers and vandals by engaging with guests and new members to make sure they are genuinely interested in genealogy.
- Nurture our culture of being the most polite and friendly website on the Internet.
- Monitor the Volunteer Badge and Guest Activity feeds during scheduled shifts.
- Confirm sincere Volunteers as full members with personalized messages, including links to the New Member How-To pages.
- Post welcome messages to Guests.
- Assist Guests who need help volunteering.
- Answer questions from Guests and Volunteers or direct them to someone who can help.
- Watch for Spammers and Vandals. Notify a Leader immediately when a block may be needed.
- Keep the Greeters Schedule current for your availability. Add '''Away''' next to your name for planned absences.
- Communicate with other Greeters regarding schedules and other topics through our Greeters Google email group. The e-mail address is wikigreeters-at-googlegroups.com, and the group can be found at Wiki Greeters Google Group.
- Familiarize yourself with the Welcoming New Members page and keep it handy for your referral.
- Welcoming New Members - Familiarize yourself with this page and keep it handy for your referral.
- Help Index or Help Category - Many of WikiTree's most helpful links
- G2G - Use the Search function at the upper left, if needed.
- Mentor Referrals
- Quick Reference
- Language Volunteers
Time Zone Helpers
- Time Zone Map
- Time Widget (clicking will take you off WikiTree; right-click to open in new tab or window)
- Another TIME WIDGET link
- World Clock Meeting Planner
Greeters Project Pages
- Use this email group for any and all communications with the Greeter Project members and leaders. The e-mail address is: wikigreeters -at- googlegroups.com, and the group can be found at Wiki Greeters Google Group.
Greeters whose names are in Blue are greeting a day before or after in their own time zone. (For example: If a greeter lives in AEST and they are greeting at 10 am on Wednesday in their own time zone, their name will be listed at 2000 feed time on Tuesday.)
Sun 11pm CDT
|0400||4am||3am||2am||1am||0900||9 am||8 pm||Open||Open||Open||Open||Open||Ludwig||Open|
|0500||5am||4am||3am||2am||1000||10am||9pm||Open||Open||Janet Away 11/28||Janet||Open||Ludwig||Open|
|0600||6am||5am||4am||3am||1100||11am||10pm||Linda Away||Open||Janet Away 11/28||Janet||Open||Open||Open|
|2200||10pm||9pm||8pm||7pm||0300||3am||2pm||Carole||Carole||David S.||David S.||David S.||David S.||David S.|
|2300||11pm||10pm||9pm||8pm||0400||4am||3pm||Dorothy||Open||Open ||Veronica||Karen Tobo||Charlotte||David S.|
This page was last modified 12:17, 22 November 2017. This page has been accessed 81,246 times.