See the badge report for the full list of current Greeters.
How to Join The Greeters project
- Review our Task List to familiarize yourself with what we do.
- When you join the project, we will ...
Greeters play a key role as the first contact for guests and new members. Our goals are to:
- Make sure guests have a positive experience by welcoming them in a timely manner and providing information to familiarize them with the nature of WikiTree.
- Help them find the tools they need to be successful and, when necessary, connect them with a mentor to make sure they have a successful start.
- Protect Wikitree from spammers and vandals by engaging with guests and new members to make sure they are genuinely interested in genealogy.
- Nurture our culture of being the most polite and friendly website on the Internet.
- Monitor the Family Member feeds, and Guest Activity feeds, and Honor Code feeds during scheduled shifts.
- Greet new members with personalized messages, including links to the New Member How-To pages.
- Post welcome messages to Guests.
- Assist Guests who need help upgrading.
- Answer questions from Guests and Members or direct them to someone who can help.
- Watch for Spammers and Vandals. Notify a Leader immediately when a block may be needed.
- Keep the Greeters Schedule current for your availability. Add '''Away''' next to your name for planned absences.
- Communicate with other Greeters regarding schedules and other topics through our Greeters Google email group. The e-mail address is wikigreeters-at-googlegroups.com, and the group can be found at Wiki Greeters Google Group.
- Familiarize yourself with the Space and Help pages frequently used by the Greeters and keep them handy for your reference.
- New Member Tutorials
- Help Category - Many of WikiTree's most helpful links
- Mentor Referrals
- Language Volunteers
Time Zone Helpers
All Greeters receive one-on-one training, covering:
- Signing In and Out
- Welcoming Guests
- Sending Messages to Members who upgrade
- Shift review of the Honor Code feed
- Shift review of the Pre-1700 badge feed
Use this email group for any and all communications with the Greeter Project members and leaders. The e-mail address is: wikigreeters -at- googlegroups.com, and the group can be found at Wiki Greeters Google Group.
The Greeters Project now uses a Google Calendar for scheduling. Access will be provided when training occurs.
This page was last modified 04:11, 19 September 2021. This page has been accessed 110,632 times.