- Abby (Brown) Glann's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Weekends are family time at our house, so if you try to contact me from Friday evening until lunch-time-ish Monday (US Central Daylight Savings time), I most likely won't get back to you until Monday afternoon, unless it sounds like an emergency. Thanks for understanding!
I have actually been a member since early August 2011. A merge with a profile a cousin created for me changed out the dates.
Abby's Tools My free-space page for photos to use as backgrounds, as well as miscellaneous family photos that I have yet to identify. Feel free to use; add yourself to any of the photos to use on your own profiles for backgrounds!
Abby grew up on a small acreage in the Midwest. After high school she attended Simpson College in Indianola, Iowa, majoring in Religion and English (poetry focus). It was here that she took a genealogy class and an obsession was born. She also met her husband while in school there, and their union only worsened the obsession, as his grandparents were all very practiced genealogists. Abby took on the role of family historian for both her own families, and her husband's, and has been trying to maintain and continue research.
Abby is able to work on family history in the evenings, running a small farm that focuses on producing wool and angora fleece during the day, spinning and dyeing the fleece, and making products from the yarn, as well as making and selling gourmet, small-batch locally sourced honey caramels for market. She home schools her four young children.
Recently internet got a little better out here in rural Iowa, so she has no excuse, other than keeping a slew of fluffy animals and crazy kids alive, to be on Wikitree, a community she has grown to love, all the time. The spirit of collaboration is something she had waited for for quite sometime while the internet grew as a source for genealogy work. She trickles through lines, going back over old work to perform merges, clean up profiles, and re-examine research she did when she first started having an interest in genealogy, to verify shady sources, add new ones, and always hope to find new connections and lines.
- Currently co-leading the Global Family Reunion Project and am busy researching loads of world cousins
- Glann-origin of the name
- Stevens in Scotland in the early 1800s
- Browns of Nova Scotia, Canada and Yorkshire and Lambeth, England
- Brickwall-Thomas McQuiston and Elizabeth Thomas
- Recently broke down a family brick wall and am learning about research in old Bohemian lines-Kleinhampl, Zeithaml, Westerovsky. Feel free to school me here!
- Still cleaning up profiles here on the tree from my gedcom import a few years ago, and adding any new records I can find. Adding siblings and other children, as well, so I can make new connections. I love cousins!
- Origins of my grandmother's family from Prussia/Austria, the Brocks/Brooks and the Popkes
- Helping out with merging and clean up throughout Wikitree
- Adding the family of some of my closest friends and in-laws and helping them research
- Soon starting to add the research and add my own research of my mom's step-dad, Robert Melvin Cain
- WikiTree profile Brown-8264 created through the import of wikitree.ged on Aug 1, 2011 by Abby Brown. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Abby and others.
- Abby's formal name
- full middle name (K.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (24)
- private siblings' names
- private children's names (4)
- spouse's name and marriage information
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
Abby Glann's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Abby or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Abby:
- Abby (Brown) Glann - 23andMe
GEDMatch ID M818976
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Abby. (Best for comments to Abby that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Abby that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On October 7, 2015 at 19:37GMT Donna Blitch wrote:
On October 7, 2015 at 16:23GMT Deena Kay Speier wrote:
On October 1, 2015 at 20:53GMT Michael Ashby wrote:
On October 1, 2015 at 01:42GMT Star Kline wrote:
On September 29, 2015 at 20:25GMT B. W. J. Molier wrote:
I would like the Connector badge, I hope to connect Vincent van Gogh (http://www.wikitree.com/g2g/183126/one-step-away-connecting-vincent-van-gogh). My own unconnected list only grew at first... Thanks!
On September 29, 2015 at 16:04GMT Rebecca Molden Osterberg wrote:
On September 28, 2015 at 20:03GMT Jill Lee wrote:
Are you the person who awarded me the Connector Badge? I just started noticing Connector Badges yesterday. All of sudden I have one, too!!! BUT, when I went to the list to see if I could figure out who awarded it to me, I couldn't find myself on the list. Anyway, if you did it, I would like to thank you for it. Connecting people has become such fun! I just opened a bit of a Pandors's Box with W. T. Rice, though. Still, I may have found a collaborator, already!!! Thanks, Jill
On September 26, 2015 at 14:28GMT Kathryn Penner wrote:
On September 25, 2015 at 14:25GMT Sandy Edwards wrote:
On September 20, 2015 at 16:05GMT Ron Norman wrote: