- Profile (public view)
- Family Tree
- Profile (private view)
Abby's Tools My free-space page for photos to use as backgrounds, as well as miscellaneous family photos that I have yet to identify. Feel free to use add yourself to any of the photos to use on your own profiles for backgrounds!
Abby grew up on a small acreage in the Midwest. After high school she attended Simpson College in Indianola, Iowa, majoring in Religion and English (poetry focus). It was here that she took a genealogy class and an obsession was born. She also met her husband while in school there, and their union only worsened the obsession, as his grandparents were all very practiced genealogists. Abby took on the role of family historian for both her own families, and her husband's, and has been trying to maintain and continue research.
Abby is able to work on family history in the evenings, running a small farm that focuses on producing wool and angora fleece during the day, spinning and dying the fleece, and making products from the yarn, as well as making and selling gourmet, small-batch locally sourced honey caramels for market. She home schools her three young children, as well.
Recently internet got a little better out here in rural Iowa, so she has no excuse, other than keeping a slew of fluffy animals and crazy kids alive, to be on Wikitree, a community she has grown to love, all the time. The spirit of collaboration is something she had waited for for quite sometime while the internet grew as a source for genealogy work. She trickles through lines, going back over old work to perform merges, clean up profiles, and re-examine research she did when she first started having an interest in genealogy, to verify shady sources, add new ones, and always hope to find new connections and lines.
Global Family Reunion Project
I have always thought, whether from a religious background or because it just makes sense, or from watching too many Nova programs as a kid, that we are all related! If you haven't joined us yet on the Global Family Reunion Project yet, you should! We may be starting with the family of the awesome AJ Jacobs, but eventually we want to connect us all, and we can only get there with the help of volunteers willing to step away from their own family lines for a bit and find all those connections that will lead back to their own tree! If you can give us an hour or so a week to research a profile on our leads list, let me know! We would love to have your help-any level of genealogist is welcome, whether you just started researching your family history or have been for ages now, as we are all helping each other along. Just post me a comment here on my profile or shoot me a private message.
- Currently heading up the Global Family Reunion Project and am busy researching loads of world cousins
- Glanns-origin of the name
- Stevens in Scotland in the early 1800s
- Browns of Nova Scotia, Canada and Yorkshire and Lambeth, England
- Brickwall-Thomas McQuiston and Elizabeth Thomas
- Recently broke down a family brick wall and am learning about research in old Bohemian lines-Kleinhampl, Zeithaml, Westerovsky. Feel free to school me here!
- Still cleaning up profiles here on the tree from my gedcom import a few years ago, and adding any new records I can find. Adding siblings and other children, as well, so I can make new connections. I love cousins!
- Origins of my grandmother's family from Prussia/Austria, the Brocks/Brooks and the Popkes
- Helping out with merging and clean up throughout Wikitree on projects like the New Netherland Project(lots of family here in the form of Van Sickles and Glanns), Puritan Great Migration, and Mayflower Project. Thinking of looking at the interest in a Palatine Ancestors Project, too, as my Carpers and Brubakers would love some attention, as well
- Adding the family of some of my closest friends and helping them research
- Soon starting to add the research and add my own research of my mom's step-dad, Robert Melvin Cain
- WikiTree profile Brown-8264 created through the import of wikitree.ged on Aug 1, 2011 by Abby Brown. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Abby and others.
Only the Trusted List can access the following:
- Abby's formal name
- full middle name
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (11)
- private siblings' names
- private children's names
- spouse's name and marriage information
Do you have a GEDCOM? Register as a guest to have every name searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
Abby Glann's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Abby or other other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share significant DNA:
- Abby Glann - 23andMe
GEDMatch ID M818976
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Abby. (Best for comments to Abby that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post comments. (Best for messages to or about Abby that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On October 22, 2014 at 06:03GMT Clara Sayre wrote:
On October 19, 2014 at 02:52GMT Christa Pepin wrote:
On October 17, 2014 at 22:28GMT Reta McKay wrote:
On October 17, 2014 at 01:38GMT Reta McKay wrote:
On October 16, 2014 at 02:36GMT Robin Kabrich wrote:
Abby and Robin are 13th cousins 2 times removed small world, eh??
On October 10, 2014 at 01:35GMT Regina De León wrote:
I would like to join the Global Family Reunion.
Thanks a bunch,
On October 3, 2014 at 23:37GMT Alison Andrus wrote:
On October 3, 2014 at 18:54GMT Wesley Doughman wrote:
On October 3, 2014 at 17:31GMT Steven Williams wrote:
On October 3, 2014 at 14:16GMT Racheal Vogel wrote:
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.