- Abby (Brown) Glann's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Weekends are family time at our house, so if you try to contact me from Friday evening until lunch-time-ish Monday (US Central Daylight Savings time), I most likely won't get back to you until Monday afternoon, unless it sounds like an emergency. Thanks for understanding!
Abby's Tools My free-space page for photos to use as backgrounds, as well as miscellaneous family photos that I have yet to identify. Feel free to use; add yourself to any of the photos to use on your own profiles for backgrounds!
Abby grew up on a small acreage in the Midwest. After high school she attended Simpson College in Indianola, Iowa, majoring in Religion and English (poetry focus). It was here that she took a genealogy class and an obsession was born. She also met her husband while in school there, and their union only worsened the obsession, as his grandparents were all very practiced genealogists. Abby took on the role of family historian for both her own families, and her husband's, and has been trying to maintain and continue research.
Abby is able to work on family history in the evenings, running a small farm that focuses on producing wool and angora fleece during the day, spinning and dyeing the fleece, and making products from the yarn, as well as making and selling gourmet, small-batch locally sourced honey caramels for market. She home schools her three young children, as well, and will be adding another sometime in late July or August-whenever the wee chap decides he's ready to show up.
Recently internet got a little better out here in rural Iowa, so she has no excuse, other than keeping a slew of fluffy animals and crazy kids alive, to be on Wikitree, a community she has grown to love, all the time. The spirit of collaboration is something she had waited for for quite sometime while the internet grew as a source for genealogy work. She trickles through lines, going back over old work to perform merges, clean up profiles, and re-examine research she did when she first started having an interest in genealogy, to verify shady sources, add new ones, and always hope to find new connections and lines.
Global Family Reunion Project
(Originally 27 steps from AJ, via my husband's family; a little addition to my great grandfather's sister's family and I am now 24 steps from AJ via my own paternal lines)
I have always thought, whether from a religious background or because it just makes sense, or from watching too many Nova programs as a kid, that we are all related. If you haven't joined us yet on the Global Family Reunion Project yet, you should. We may be starting with the family of the awesome AJ Jacobs, but eventually we want to connect us all, and we can only get there with the help of volunteers willing to step away from their own family lines for a bit and find all those connections that will lead back to their own tree! If you can give us an hour or so a week to research a profile on our leads list, let me know. We would love to have your help-any level of genealogist is welcome, whether you just started researching your family history or have been for ages now, as we are all helping each other along. Just post me a comment here on my profile or shoot me a private message.
- Currently co-leading the Global Family Reunion Project and am busy researching loads of world cousins
- Glann-origin of the name
- Stevens in Scotland in the early 1800s
- Browns of Nova Scotia, Canada and Yorkshire and Lambeth, England
- Brickwall-Thomas McQuiston and Elizabeth Thomas
- Recently broke down a family brick wall and am learning about research in old Bohemian lines-Kleinhampl, Zeithaml, Westerovsky. Feel free to school me here!
- Still cleaning up profiles here on the tree from my gedcom import a few years ago, and adding any new records I can find. Adding siblings and other children, as well, so I can make new connections. I love cousins!
- Origins of my grandmother's family from Prussia/Austria, the Brocks/Brooks and the Popkes
- Helping out with merging and clean up throughout Wikitree
- Adding the family of some of my closest friends and in-laws and helping them research
- Soon starting to add the research and add my own research of my mom's step-dad, Robert Melvin Cain
- WikiTree profile Brown-8264 created through the import of wikitree.ged on Aug 1, 2011 by Abby Brown. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Abby and others.
- Abby's formal name
- full middle name
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (22)
- private siblings' names
- private children's names
- spouse's name and marriage information
Searching for someone else?
Do you have a GEDCOM? Login to have every name searched. It's free (like everything on WikiTree).
Abby Glann's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Abby or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share significant DNA with Abby:
- Abby Glann - 23andMe
GEDMatch ID M818976
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? Login to add it.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Abby. (Best for comments to Abby that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Abby that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On July 3, 2015 at 17:52GMT Laura Scott wrote:
On June 30, 2015 at 18:32GMT Brian Stump wrote:
On June 29, 2015 at 21:14GMT Cathy Geraci wrote:
Can I get the German Heritage badge added to my profile?
Cathy Harmon Geraci
On June 28, 2015 at 02:45GMT Robert Schott wrote:
Please add me to the German Roots project. My wife and I have surnames with direct and sourced lineage to the 1600s.
On June 28, 2015 at 01:47GMT Jessica Kungl wrote:
Can I be added to the German Roots research group? I am researching the Kungl line of my family that migrated to the USA from Yugoslavia/Croatia. Thank You Jess
On June 27, 2015 at 05:56GMT Liz Millsaps Haigler wrote:
On June 26, 2015 at 19:58GMT Darlene Bora wrote:
Can you add me to the Global Family Reunion Project ?
On June 26, 2015 at 10:37GMT Griveau Alexis wrote:
On June 25, 2015 at 00:31GMT Jill Lee wrote:
The profiles that are Notable are Twiggy (Leslie (Hornby) Lawson) Michael Witney Carly Armstrong-Lawson Haley Mills Juliet Mills Sir John Mills Mary Haley (Bell) Mills
Hope I didn't miss anyone!!! That's the way with a lot of these stars & famous people. The have parents, siblings, children, in-laws - - - - !!!
On June 24, 2015 at 17:00GMT Julie Emswiller wrote: