- Abby (Brown) Glann's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Weekends are family time at our house, so if you try to contact me from Friday evening until lunch-time-ish Monday (US Central Daylight Savings time), I most likely won't get back to you until Monday afternoon, unless it sounds like an emergency. Thanks for understanding!
I have actually been a member since early August 2011. A merge with a profile a cousin created for me changed out the dates.
Abby's Tools My free-space page for photos to use as backgrounds, as well as miscellaneous family photos that I have yet to identify. Feel free to use; add yourself to any of the photos to use on your own profiles for backgrounds!
Abby grew up on a small acreage in the Midwest. After high school she attended Simpson College in Indianola, Iowa, majoring in Religion and English (poetry focus). It was here that she took a genealogy class and an obsession was born. She also met her husband while in school there, and their union only worsened the obsession, as his grandparents were all very practiced genealogists. Abby took on the role of family historian for both her own families, and her husband's, and has been trying to maintain and continue research.
Abby is able to work on family history in the evenings, running a small farm that focuses on producing wool and angora fleece during the day, spinning and dyeing the fleece, and making products from the yarn, as well as making and selling gourmet, small-batch locally sourced honey caramels for market. She home schools her four young children.
Recently internet got a little better out here in rural Iowa, so she has no excuse, other than keeping a slew of fluffy animals and crazy kids alive, to be on Wikitree, a community she has grown to love, all the time. The spirit of collaboration is something she had waited for for quite sometime while the internet grew as a source for genealogy work. She trickles through lines, going back over old work to perform merges, clean up profiles, and re-examine research she did when she first started having an interest in genealogy, to verify shady sources, add new ones, and always hope to find new connections and lines.
- Glann-origin of the name
- Stevens in Scotland in the early 1800s
- Browns of Nova Scotia, Canada and Yorkshire and Lambeth, England
- Brickwall-Thomas McQuiston and Elizabeth Thomas
- Recently broke down a family brick wall and am learning about research in old Bohemian lines-Kleinhampl, Zeithaml, Westerovsky. Feel free to school me here!
- Still cleaning up profiles here on the tree from my gedcom import a few years ago, and adding any new records I can find. Adding siblings and other children, as well, so I can make new connections. I love cousins!
- Origins of my grandmother's family from Prussia/Austria, the Brocks/Brooks and the Popkes
- Helping out with merging and clean up throughout Wikitree
- Adding the family of some of my closest friends and in-laws and helping them research
- Soon starting to add the research and add my own research of my mom's step-dad, Robert Melvin Cain
- WikiTree profile Brown-8264 created through the import of wikitree.ged on Aug 1, 2011 by Abby Brown. See the Changes page for the details of edits by Abby and others.
- Abby's formal name
- full middle name (K.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (17)
- private siblings' names
- private children's names (4)
- spouse's name and marriage information
Abby is a Wiki Genealogist following these tags:
- I help co-lead the Categorization project and actively use categories to sort profiles on WikiTree.
- I co-lead the Connectors project and always searching for ways to get folks connecting those loose branches.
- My husband is a Glann and I inherited all of his grandparents' research, and have worked on it myself. I plan on starting some Y-DNA research to augment it in the future
- Swedish Hallers who landed in Minnesota, US. My husband's maternal grandfather's family.
- I am a Leader and also the Leader liaison. Watch this tag for updates specific to our volunteer Leaders on WikiTree.
- descendent of Thomas and Elizabeth McQuiston, via Silas McQuiston, Iowa USA on my paternal side
- McWilliams of Missouri and Kentucky, ending in Iowa. Husband's maternal line
- I co-lead the Notables project on WikiTree.
- Love those old photos :-)
- I am part of the Profile Improvement project
- I like to watch the collaboration and jump in when I can on the CProW.
- following to see the great profiles WikiTreers share on G2G
- I am the person to come to for Projects-starting, leading, improving.
- I head up the Sourcerers Challenge each month. Love to see all the sources going up around the tree.
- Keeping up with style changes and recommendations
- followed to make sure one of us has noticed posts that need sysop attention
- following for those fantastic positive posts folks share
Abby Glann's DNA has been tested for genealogical purposes. It may be possible to confirm family relationships by comparing test results with Abby or other carriers of her ancestors' mitochondrial DNA. It is likely that these autosomal DNA test-takers will share DNA with Abby:
- Abby (Brown) Glann - 23andMe
GEDMatch ID M818976
- Abby (Brown) Glann - Family Tree DNA Family Finder
GEDMatch ID M818976
Family Tree DNA kit 400608
Have you taken a DNA test for genealogy? If so, login to add it. If not, see our friends at Family Tree DNA.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Abby. (Best for comments to Abby that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Abby that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On February 7, 2016 at 19:17GMT Stuart Hateley wrote:
I have (in addition to the sourcing project, tried to connect via the Connectors project. I had hit a stumbling block at Hesketh-104 ( now opened) but also with his wife Lumley-393 and have left a message with the manager and tried to request an open profile. Can you request a change or update a profile status?
On February 1, 2016 at 18:59GMT Jamie Nelson wrote:
On January 30, 2016 at 18:44GMT Jennifer Romasco wrote:
I've just joined the Connector project. The instructions say to ask you for a badge, so here I am. Thank you!
On January 30, 2016 at 02:45GMT Donnie Blackstone wrote:
On January 30, 2016 at 02:03GMT Donnie Blackstone wrote:
On January 28, 2016 at 12:59GMT Virgil Kester wrote:
I spotted your comment on the Pound and Kester Families by Hunt 1904. It is a very good one Hunt put some great work into it. When I obtained it I already had my main Kester done and found very few errors in his. It helped with branches I did not have. If you have Kester' s it is a great tool. Virgil Kester III
On January 24, 2016 at 23:53GMT J. Salsbery wrote:
Sandi Wiggins has asked to join the Activists and Reformers Project. Would you please award her a badge?
I am the Project Coordinator for the project, but am not able to award badges.
Thank you, J.
On January 22, 2016 at 20:10GMT H Husted wrote:
On January 22, 2016 at 02:20GMT Star Kline wrote:
I tried to resist joining another project, but I can't resist! Could you please add me to the Connector's project? Thanks!
On January 21, 2016 at 11:07GMT Thomas Lois De Freitas wrote: