I was born in 1959 in London, England. I went to Hull University but have otherwise always lived in London. I married in 1989 and have two great children. My son completed his degree and is now working in recruitment. My daughter has completed her Musical Theatre training and is now auditioning and working.
My main hobby is genealogy and I spend a lot of my spare time researching my family tree and sometimes helping others. These days it is much easier because of the ever increasing online records. I find that cemetery records can be particularly useful and also touching since they represent the last physical existence of the deceased.
My father's family came over to London's East End at the very start of the 20th Century from Russia/Poland.
My mother came to England from Vienna, Austria on the brink of WW2. I have found branches of my mother's family all over the world. In Europe, many were lost in the holocaust. In the U.S., I have discovered links back to the American Civil War.
- First-hand information. Entered by Philip Gale at registration and since.
- Philip's formal name
- full middle name (A.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (2)
- family tree
- father's name
- mother's name
- siblings' names
- children's names (2)
- spouse's name and marriage information
Philip is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- This is my mother's maternal family. I have traced Altura relatives to the USA and Australia.
- This is my father's family. They emigrated to the UK around the start of the 20th Century from Bialystok and settled in the East End of London
- My mother's paternal family.
- Interested in adding and linking these, particularly those in my tree.
- I want to help link those who gave their lives in conflict. They deserve to be recognised.
- I have ancestors in my family tree who were involved in this conflict.