I've been researching my family history for many years; my main interests are:
- the Elkin family worldwide, but particularly in Staffordshire, England
- the Darling family from Northumberland, including the lighthouse heroine Grace Darling
- the Stanway/Stanaway family from Staffordshire
- the Brammar/Brammer/Bramer family from Staffordshire
- First-hand information. Entered by John Elkin at registration.
- John's formal name
- full middle name (H.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (1)
- family tree
- father's name
- mother's name
John is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- Keeping an eye on what's happening at Wikitree
- Where I live.
- Interested in the BRAMMAR/BRAMMER/BRAMER family from Staffordshire.
- Particulary interested in English categories
- Interested in the DARLING family from Northumberland.
- Particularly researching the Elkin family from Staffordshire, England, but interested in this name worldwide.
- An Englishman with many years experience of Family History research in England. Happy to help others where I can.
- Team leader for Staffordshire and Berkshire.
- Currently working on the categorisation of British MPs.
- Actively sourcing English profiles.
- My main families of interest from Staffordshire include: BAMFORD, BRAMMAR, DARLING, DUTTON, ELKIN, HAMMERSLEY, STANWAY
- Interested in the STANWAY/STANAWAY family from Staffordshire.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to John. (Best for comments to John that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about John that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 3 Nov 2018 at 15:22 GMT Wendy (Ling) Sullivan wrote:
It's been a year since the England Project was re-ignited. Thank you for being part of this exciting journey!
We really appreciate all your contributions and hard work :)
We would love some feedback from you please. :)
Are you happy contributing with the team you are on, or would you like a change, or even add to another team?
If you are not already on a team, which one would you like to be on?
If you are not sure what is available, just ask, we are here to help :)
Are you still happy contributing to the England Project?
Please PM me through my profile and let me know how you are doing :)
Thank you :)
Wendy Leader England Project.
On 3 Oct 2018 at 11:27 GMT Gillian Thomas wrote:
We hope you'll be part of the team again another time. Janet and Gillian
On 29 Sep 2018 at 22:31 GMT Gillian Thomas wrote:
On 1 Aug 2018 at 11:48 GMT Natalie (Durbin) Trott wrote:
I’m Natalie, leader of the Categorization Project. Please have a look at the revamped Categorization Project page, specifically about the new team approach. Members will be now be part of the Maintenance Team. Project Liaisons and leaders will be involved in the Vision and Collaboration team. Please contact me within the next week to let me know if you would like to remain an active member of the project. If I don’t hear back from you I will assume you no longer want to be a part of the Categorization Project. Thanks, Natalie
On 18 Jul 2018 at 11:54 GMT Janet (Langridge) Wild wrote:
Thank you for all your work on the England suggestions it is very much appreciated
From the list below you can see we are making a difference
There were 88052 suggestions on 2018-07-08.
There were 87013 suggestions on 2018-07-15.
Janet Team Leader - England Data Doctor Team
On 6 Jun 2018 at 16:40 GMT Wendy (Ling) Sullivan wrote:
You have received the England badge for being an active member of the England Project.
On 18 May 2018 at 05:29 GMT Joan (Williams) Whitaker wrote:
On 10 Apr 2018 at 14:46 GMT Wendy (Ling) Sullivan wrote:
As Susie mentioned in our newsletter, one of us would check in to see how you are doing, so here I am :)
Firstly on behalf of us all, I would like to say a big thank you for all the hard work you are putting into the Project. Your work on Berkshire is greatly appreciated. We would love your feedback and input on what you would like to see happening within the project as we move forward.
Do you have anything special you would like to see in the project, or have ideas for things we can add into the project?
Please feel free to post your thoughts in our Google Group, or you can send me a PM, either will be great.
On 7 Sep 2017 at 12:28 GMT Sir William (Arbuthnot) Arbuthnot of Kittybrewster Bt wrote:
On 5 Aug 2017 at 13:49 GMT Malcolm Hoare wrote:
My uncle Francis Victor Malins b.1911 in Redditch, Worcs d. 1988 Sandwell, Staffs married Clara Theresa Elkin b.20 Sep 1912 Birmingham, Warks d. 1968 Birmingham, Warks. My mother was Olive Margery Malins his step brother. regards Malcolm Hoare