So, I'm working on this week's challenge (the tree of Scott Fisher), and I've come across a discrepancy.
In WikiTree, we have that the wife of Henry Bennet was married to Abigail Morse, d/o John Morse of Watertown.
In the Barbour Collection, there 1 entry for the name "Morse" in Lyme: the marriage of Abigail Morse to Henry Bennett in 1733.
- I can't find a record that John had a daughter Abigail. (although that was his mother's name)
- The family is based in Watertown, MA, and there's no obvious connection to Lyme.
Another possibility, is that the marriage record is either mis-transcribed or in error, and that she is Abigail Moss, daughter of James and Marah (Borden?) Moss of Lyme.
- Although there is no birth record for Abigail, a daughter Abigail is mentioned in her father's probate
- Location is a better fit.
- Abigail's mother's second marriage was to Henry Bennet, Sr.
I think the evidence better supports the Moss theory, and I'd like to make that change.