I'd like to change the parents of Mary (Curtis) Ruggles 1588-1674 who is in the PGM portfolio.
She attached to her grandfather. And her father and mother are here:
Thanks in advance.
I will post a comment and link to this thread on the profile.
Mary Curtis the daughter of Thomas Curtis and 1st wife Mary Camp married Thomas Ruggles 1 Nov. 1620 in Nazing, Essex, England per John William Linzee citing Parish registers. After Thomas Ruggles died she married second to Ralph Roote. She was baptized on Mar 1589 in Nazeing, Essex, England. She died on 14 Feb 1674/5 in Roxbury, MA.
- ↑ John William Linzee, The history of Peter Parker and Sarah Ruggles of Roxbury, Mass. and their ancestors and descendants, with the best wishes of the author (Boston, Mass. : J.W. Linzee, 1913) p 452 link
- ↑ Savage, James. A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England: Showing Three Generations of Those Who Came Before May, 1692, on the Basis of Farmer's Register. (Boston: Little, Brown, and Co, 1860-1862), 3:588. Mary the wid. of Thomas, m. aft. 1662, a Roote, whose name of bapt. is unkn. and of her, at the date of her bur. 14 Feb. 1675, Eliot writes thus: "Old mo. Roote, wh. was Thomas Ruggles' wid. afore. She lived not only till past use, but till more tedious than a child. She was in her 89th yr."
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Ralph Roote, in Anderson, Robert Charles; George F. Sanborn; and Melinde Lutz Sanborn. The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England, 1634-1635. (NEHGS, 1999-2011), VI:93. On 14 February 1674/5, "Old Mother Roote who was Tho[mas] Ruggles widow afore" died or was buried at Roxbury. "She lived not only past use, but till more tedious than child. She was in her 89 year" [RChR 181; Parker-Ruggles 448].
- ↑ Jacobus, Donald Lines, Editor, and N. Grier Parke (Compiler and Publisher). The Ancestry of Lorenzo Ackley & his wife Emma Arabella Bosworth. (Woodstock, Vt.: N.G. Parke, 1960), 204.
- ↑ Boston Records Commissioners Reports (Boston, MA: Rockwell and Churchhill, City Printers, 1884) Vol. 6. Roxbury Land and Church Records p 181 link