How To Participate
- Project Leaders: Dave Rutherford and Amy Gilpin
- Coordinators: Laurie Cruthers (Ontario), Laurie Giffin (Atlantic Canada Team), Robin Helstrom (Western Canada Team), Danielle Liard (Québec), Doug McCallum (Managed Profiles Team), Alex Stronach (Profile Improvement Team)
- Answer our G2G welcome post to join the Canada project and get a badge.
- Add canada to your followed tags.
- We use Canada Project Google Group for communication.
The goal of the Canada project is to add and improve profiles of Canadians and people related to Canadian history. Project members contribute in a variety of ways, through working on family groupings, cleaning up profiles, adding sources, merging duplicates and ensuring that the profiles reach the best standard possible. They also offer assistance to others working on Canadian profiles wherever possible.
See the Canadian Resources page to help you with your research.
The Canada Project organises itself into teams. On joining the project you will have the opportunity to contribute to one or more of these teams:
The Ontario Team is a sub-team of the Canada Project. The team focuses on all profiles relating to the province of Ontario.
The Québec Team focuses on all profiles of people who were either born in Quebec or who settled there and includes the Québecois Project Team , the Filles du Roi Project Team, and the Grosse Île, Québec Project Team.
The Managed Profiles Team are a group of skilled individuals who collaborate on profiles managed and protected by the Canada Project. These profiles may be of notable Canadians, gateway ancestors, or those which might be considered contentious. They seek to raise the standard of these profiles to the highest level possible through research, connecting to the global tree, and through the writing of biographies.
The Profile Improvements Team works on profiles from across the whole of Canada. They focus on sourcing, connecting, biography writing, and as arborists and data doctors.
Projects related to the Canada Project you might be interested in:
This page was last modified 00:20, 13 September 2019. This page has been accessed 7,226 times.