How To Participate
- Project Leaders: Dave Rutherford, Amy Gilpin and Doug McCallum
- Coordinators: Christine Daniels (Ontario), Brad Foley (Atlantic Canada Team), Robin Helstrom (Western Canada Team), Danielle Liard (Québec), Doug McCallum (Managed Profiles Team), Alex Stronach (Connectors Team), Brad Foley (Trans Canada Trail)
- Answer our G2G welcome post to join the Canada project and get a badge.
- Add canada to your followed tags.
- We use Canada Project Google Group for communication.
The goal of the Canada project is to add and improve profiles of Canadians and people related to Canadian history. Project members contribute in a variety of ways, through working on family groupings, cleaning up profiles, adding sources, merging duplicates and ensuring that the profiles reach the best standard possible. They also offer assistance to others working on Canadian profiles wherever possible.
See the Canadian Resources page to help you with your research.
And here is a link to Free space pages: Canada Project
The Canada Project organises itself into teams. On joining the project you will have the opportunity to contribute to one or more of these teams:
The Ontario Team is a sub-team of the Canada Project. The team focuses on all profiles relating to the province of Ontario.
The Québec Team focuses on all profiles of people who were either born in Quebec or who settled there and includes the Québecois Project Team , the Filles du Roi Project Team, and the Grosse Île, Québec Project Team.
The Managed Profiles Team are a group of skilled individuals who collaborate on profiles managed and protected by the Canada Project. These profiles may be of notable Canadians, gateway ancestors, or those which might be considered contentious. They seek to raise the standard of these profiles to the highest level possible through research, connecting to the global tree, and through the writing of biographies.
The Connectors Team is focused on connecting all the loose branches in our Canadian tree. This team will also tackle the Needs Profiles Created category.
The trail uses existing orphaned profiles associated with Canada, which serves two purposes. It gives Travellers the freedom they need to practice and make mistakes, and it helps improve the quality of profiles within the project's scope.
The Categories Team are a group of individuals familiar with Canadian locations, topics and WikiTree Categorization. They work closely with the Categorization Project. The main goal for this team is to establish and maintain an accurate category structure for the Project. Please direct your Canadian category questions to this team.
- British Home Children Team - This is the central page for the former British Home Children Project and contains links to other teams, by country.
Projects related to the Canada Project you might be interested in:
This page was last modified 01:49, 11 May 2021. This page has been accessed 17,586 times.