Categories: Dutch Roots Project | Dutch Descendants of Canada | Manitoba Project | Irish Roots Project | Scottish Clans Project | Clan Craig | Scotland Project | New Netherland Settlers Project | England Project | Saskatchewan | Alberta | British Columbia | Winnipeg, Manitoba | Type 1 Diabetes | Gastroparesis.
- Rae's formal name
- full middle name (D.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- personal memories about Rae (1)
- images (4)
- family tree
- father's name
- mother's name
- siblings' names
- children's names (1)
- spouse's name and marriage information
Rae is a Wiki Genealogy Volunteer following these tags:
- Stewarton/ Dunlop/ Beith/ Loudoun/ Kilmarnock/ Dundonald
- Or Craven/Crábháin - Unsure of 'Mac' or 'O'. Great Grandpa came over from Kilkenny circ 1916. Family is still in Dublin and other parts like Cork (Givens).
- I am very Dutch (both maternal and paternal), however my ancestors all came over to North America/South Russia (Ukraine) before 1800.
- From FIONNLAGH member of Clan Farquharson
- North and East Frisia (Nörden, Noordströön Island)/ Harlingen/IJlst area for myself, current province (everywhere) for my other.
- Burchardi flood, Lower Saxony, Schleswig-Holstein, North Rhine-Westphalia, Baden-Württemberg, Nord und Oost Frisia, Prussia
- From MACGILLEMHOIRE member of Clan Morrison
- From Springfield to Chicago area this branch was orginally from Scotland and Nieu Amsterdam. My great great grandma brought her kids to Saskatchewan in 1911 from Oswego.
- Great and Little Hale
- Friesland/Prussia/USSR/Canada migration
- Maternal and paternal branches that were to include (but not limited) to Huguenot and Mennonites from the Netherlands (See bio locations)
- Shipdham mainly. Great Grandma came over to Ontario circ 1912 with her siblings to escape a flu outbreak and live with her uncle. ROBERSON/ROBINSON
- 9th great Grandpa Pieter Carstensen of Noordstrant Island prior to the giant flood of 1634. Pieter C --> Pieter Ostrander --> Pieter --> Ysaak --> Andrew --> Rachel (Hyatt).
- Neilston/ Mearns
- or Zantema in Germany ( NRW, Lower Saxony , ANYWHERE)
- Clans Craig/Meikle/Crawford/Campbell/Wood/Dalrymple/Stewart/Morrison/Farquharson
- A village in Tompkins County, New York named after my 5th great Grandpa.
- Updike is a surname of Dutch origin, and is a spelling variant of the Dutch Opdijk, a topographical name meaning someone who lived on a dike.The surname has been present in North America since the settlement of New Netherland in the 17th century. Updike used to be spelled as Updyke and many other ways, but is now most commonly spelled as Updike.
- Rae Santema is a Wonderful WikiTreer Jun 18, 2018.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Rae. (Best for comments to Rae that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Rae that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 22 Oct 2018 at 20:53 GMT Stephen Thirkettle wrote:
To your comment on Elizabeth (Robinson) Tufts: Yes and maybe. Mitford is the district, used on the census and on birth, marriage and death records. Shipdham is a parish within the district of Mitford. From the parish register she was buried in the parish of Shipdham, and from the death record she died in the district of Mitford. She probably died in Shipdham, but I have not yet found any evidence to confirm it.
To your comment on my page: Elizabeth was my 3rd great grandmother. So for my first time on Wikitree I can say hello cousin.
On 17 Oct 2018 at 13:51 GMT Susie MacLeod wrote:
I’ve not heard back from you so presume you don’t want to continue in the Canada Project at this time so have gone ahead and removed your badge. If that changes anytime you would be most welcome to re-join in the future.
On 5 Sep 2018 at 20:44 GMT Bea (Timmerman) Wijma wrote:
Did you know our third annual Source-a-Thon 2018 is almost starting ? It will last 72 hours from 28 September-1 October 2018, a big event here you can register and since you're a member of our project perhaps you want to join us and have some fun ? Here's our Flying Dutchmen Source-a-Thon Team hope to see you soon !
Greets from the Netherlands ,
The Dutch Roots Project Team
On 31 Aug 2018 at 18:54 GMT Susie MacLeod wrote:
I haven’t yet heard back from you to say whether or not you’d like to continue in the Canada Project. Please can you let me know if you’d like to stay, what team(s) you’d like to be in, and let me know your e-mail address so I can add you to the project Google Group? If I haven’t heard back from you by this time next week I’ll assume you no longer want to be in the project and go ahead and remove you. You would, of course, be most welcome to re-join at any time.
On 20 Aug 2018 at 15:57 GMT Susie MacLeod wrote:
Greg Lavoie, Dave Rutherford and I have put a lot of work into restructuring the Canada Project. Have a look at the new project page.
You'll see that we've changed the project name to the Canada Project and the badge will be changed shortly. We've done this in order to provide lots of ways for people to contribute to Canadian Profiles. We've also moved towards a team approach with top level teams being lead by Project Coordinators and sub-teams being lead by Team Leaders.
Would you like to continue in the Canada Project, and if so, which team(s) would you like to be on?
Let me know if you have any questions. Once I hear back from you I'll add you to the Google group and get you set up in your team(s).
On 5 Aug 2018 at 21:50 GMT Bea (Timmerman) Wijma wrote:
Same here, summer and my husband has/had some health problems, so I'm a bit less active at the moment, but Astrid is right if a person was born in the Netherlands but died in New Netherland we can add Dutch Roots to the trusted list and the needs Birth category if a profile still needs Dutch records, and NNS will be added as manager + the profile will receive the NNS template. This because now a Projectbox (template) + project account always go together, and we don't want profiles to end up with a ton of templates an project accounts (managers), so we chose to let just one project manage and add their template and the other project can be added to the trusted list and add just the needs category or categories of that project (Dutch Roots). If a person was born + died in the Netherlands Dutch Roots we will manage them and if someone was born in the Netherlands and emigrated to the New Netherland and died there NNS will.
Hope you have a wonderful summer ?
Greets from the Netherlands where temperatures are quite extreme (tropical) now,
On 4 Aug 2018 at 23:59 GMT Astrid (Schellenberger) Spaargaren wrote:
I am so sorry I am reacting so slow. I was away for a week.
Hmm........ Your question is: does Aeltje (Helchey) Hendricks belongs to the DRP? Rigth?
I just took a short look at the profile. Aeltjes maiden last name Helchey does not sound very Dutch. Never heard or saw it before, but that doesn't mean it is not possible as I am not knowing all Dutch last names. But it looks very un-Dutch. Her birthplace: the United Provinces of the Netherlands indicates she was born in The Netherlands. But where in The Netherlands? Probably not findable/sourceable.
If she was born in The Netherlands she fits at the DRP of course. But she is in the New Netherlands Settlers Project, so taken good care of. I am not sure but I think there is a "new"agreement to keep a profile to just or the New Settlers or just to the DRP. Bea is better informed at this than me so I will share your question with her if that is okay with you (me learning from her and of your question!)
I see a lot of leads at the internet but no reliable sources at my quick checking.
Her current name is set to her husbands patronym which is doubtfully her current last name as the Dutch women kept their own - most of the time.
I will keep you informed!
Sweet regards Rae!
On 4 Aug 2018 at 12:17 GMT Natalie (Durbin) Trott wrote:
On 1 Aug 2018 at 23:53 GMT Natalie (Durbin) Trott wrote:
I’m Natalie, leader of the Categorization Project. Please have a look at the revamped Categorization Project page, specifically about the new team approach. Members will be now be part of the Maintenance Team. Project Liaisons and leaders will be involved in the Vision and Collaboration team. Please contact me within the next week to let me know if you would like to remain an active member of the project. If I don’t hear back from you I will assume you no longer want to be a part of the Categorization Project. Thanks, Natalie
On 9 Jul 2018 at 16:09 GMT Steve Selbrede wrote:
Your profile is private, so I can't see anything related to you.