- Eowyn Langholf's Profile
- Family Tree & Genealogy Tools
Hi! I’m Eowyn, the WikiTree Forest Elf.
I have a few different responsibilities here. I review all the GEDCOMs that are submitted for import. (If you have a GEDCOM-related question please ask!) I also manage the social media for WikiTree and our group of volunteers who help share the WikiTree Love, the Ambassadors.
For fun, I'm a Greeter and a Mentor, and lead a few projects including The Titanic Project, the LDS Pioneers Project, Descendants of Pocahontas and the Integrators. You might also see me popping up often in our G2G Forum.
And I love dead people. I know…weird right? (Well maybe not so weird here on WikiTree, eh? :D )
They fascinate me. I love learning their stories about who they were and where they came from.
For me, every time I find an ancestor it’s like finding a little piece of my own puzzle. I was adopted when I was a baby but about 8 years ago I found my biological mother. I’ve been so blessed to be able to learn about both my biological and adoptive ancestors. It’s helped me understand that I’m a part of something so much bigger and more beautiful than just myself.
I'm happy to assist anyone in their own research in any way I can so feel free to shoot me a message. Besides, I love making new friends.
Through family history we discover the most beautiful tree in the forest of creation—our family tree. ~J. Richard Clarke
I was born 10 May 1978 in Espanola, Rio Arriba, New Mexico. My biological parents are Carlos Ramos and Laura Kim Thacker. I was adopted on 16 May 1978 through LDS Family Services by Dever Langholf, Jr and Joan (Richards)Langholf.
NOTE: I have had my DNA tested but it is not linked to this profile because I'm linked to my adopted parents, not my biological parents. My GEDmatch ID is M075449 and my haplogroup is J1. You can see my biological profile here.
My father joined the military when I was about 2, making her an Air Force brat. When he left the service 12 years later, I was still a brat. And yeah, even now - still a brat.
I was fortunate to have lived in many places including New Mexico, Utah, Korea, Maryland, England and California. I learned to speak Korean fluently while we lived there, but alas, when we moved to Maryland, there was not much need for a 7 year old to speak the language and now I only remember a few words. Even after she left home at 18, I couldn't stop wandering and have spent time in Arizona, Ohio and Michigan as well.
I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Contrary to popular belief, I do have hobbies and interests outside of genealogy but most of them tie into it in some way, like history, cemetery hopping, anything military related. I do love making new friends and getting to know people so don't be shy.
Surnames I'm Researching
- More to come
- Eowyn's formal name
- full middle name (K.)
- e-mail address
- exact birthdate
- birth location
- images (26)
- private siblings' names
Eowyn is a Wiki Genealogist following these tags:
- I'm adopted and interested in connecting with other adoptees. I also lead the Adoption Angels project.
- I'm a WikiTree Adoption Angel - we're a group of volunteers aiming to help connect adoptees and birth families.
- I'm the Leader of the Ambassadors Project - we help spread the WikiTree Love.
- Following to get updates on the latest news and changes.
- People use this tag to get my attention in the G2G
- I'm the GEDCOM Manager and I review all submitted GEDCOMs before they are imported into WikiTree. If you have any questions regarding your GEDCOM I'm happy to help.
- I lead the Holocaust Project.
- I'm the Leader of the LDS Project
- I'm the Leader of the Photo of the Week Project. Questions? Please ask!
- I'm the Leader of the Rangers Project - we help prevent forest fires.
- People tend to use this tag when they want to bring a post to the attention of the team
- For posts from the Volunteer Coordinators to get people motivated
- I lead the Volunteer Coordinators Project - we help members with similar interests get connected.
- I oversee the social media for WikiTree and I'm always looking for stories to share about your WikiTree experiences, cousin connections made, etc.
- Following to see when WikiTreers are recognized for doing awesome things.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to Eowyn. (Best for comments to Eowyn that need to be private.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages to or about Eowyn that can be public. Limit 20 per day.)
On 21 Feb 2017 at 13:54 GMT Guy Warner wrote:
On 18 Feb 2017 at 00:27 GMT Addison Griffith wrote:
On 17 Feb 2017 at 05:37 GMT Susan (Goldmark) Laursen wrote:
A million thanks for the ambassador badge, I am so proud you would give it to me thank you. I wish I could reward you for all your hard work with a badge, but of course you already has all the reward and with good risen for all your hard work on wikkitree Thanks from Susan
On 17 Feb 2017 at 03:57 GMT Jo Gill wrote:
On 14 Feb 2017 at 00:55 GMT Eric Andersen-Vie wrote:
On 14 Feb 2017 at 00:15 GMT Eric Andersen-Vie wrote:
On 12 Feb 2017 at 20:47 GMT Bea (Timmerman) Wijma wrote:
On 12 Feb 2017 at 20:27 GMT Bob Andrews wrote:
On 11 Feb 2017 at 22:10 GMT Jo Gill wrote:
On 11 Feb 2017 at 22:02 GMT Jo Gill wrote:
Also, I'm from a looonnngg line of Mormons. I have uncles with three wives and 24 kiddos.
Jo Morrison Gill